JOHN G. COBB
33 Bear Paw #35B Irvine, CA 92604
Cell (949) 922-6416, (949) 514-2250 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/johncobbem
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Team member with supervisory/management skills and abilities in: Aircraft/airport operations; boating and navigation; compliance enforcement; emergency management, environmental investigation and remediation; firefighting; First Responder Medicine; HAZMAT response; Law Enforcement; safety; Security; natural resource management/recycling and risk assessment. Veteran-US Marine Corps Bilingual English/Spanish DOD Clearances/SIDA
- Security Professional/Supr-Armed, Allied Universal Security, John Wayne Airport, Santa Ana, CA. 2016-Present Control entry, patrol of airport terminal/airfield checking for SIDA badging, vehicle checks and enforcing FAA regs.
- Security Supervisor, Semper Fi Security, Inc., Newport Beach, CA. 2013-2016 Authorize entry and circulate among patrons to preserve order. Patrol docks, bar, restaurant, yacht club and parking lot. Provide safety and security aboard vessels during contracted events. Train, schedule, supervise and conduct duties relevant to payroll.
- Security Officer, UC Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA 2015 Provide for general safety & security of the medical center population (5150s & infants) and facilities. Enforcement of UCI policies, monitor cctv systems and alarms.
- Agricultural Inspector, California Dept. of Food and Agriculture, Anaheim, CA 2007-2009 Conduct regulatory visits, program instruction, Inspect agricultural commodities/operations. Issue compliance agreements; establish guidelines for landfill/green recycle agribusiness and nurseries. Monitor quarantines and investigate intrusions.
- Sheriff Deputy III, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Dept. POSSE, Santa Clarita Station, CA 1998-2000 Equestrian mounted enforcement in support of ground and air units. Specialized in crowd control and rough terrain searches.
- Sheriff Deputy III, Yuma County Sheriff's Dept. 1986-88 and Ventura County Sheriff’s Dept. 1997-98 Complete search and rescue tactics in urban and wilderness areas. Provide first aid, rope rescue, radio ops, traffic/crowd control, man tracking, rope rescue and water rescue. Operate mobile medical unit and deploying to remote areas.
- Investigator/Security Officer, Secural Services Corp, West Hills, CA. 1997-98 As Investigator; confirmed eligibility of students to attend the school district by checking family employment and residency. Conduct surveillance and document authentication. Patrolled and controlled entry/exit of industrial, residential and office facilities.
- Security Officer; Dial Security, Camarillo, CA. 1997-98 Conducted foot patrol of stationary security assignments, remote sites and high-rises. Duties utilized: radios, multiple phone systems, fire/security systems, and vehicles.
- Fire Protection Officer, American Protective Services/Boeing Aerospace, Rocketdyne Div., Canoga Park, CA. 1997 Respond to; fire, medical, HAZMAT emergencies and security issues. Operate type’s 1-5 fire apparatus. Conducted inspection/maintenance of; fire equipment, fire/security/extinguisher systems, gate control and facilities patrol. Level A PPE cert. Authorized hot work permits/confined space entry. Operated multi-agency helicopter base.
- Safety Officer, Litton Industries, Inc., Woodland Hills, CA. 1985 Monitor Halon fire suppression systems for major computer facility. Patrol facility checking area access authorization of personnel and entry/exit of property.
- Search-Rescue Officer/Sergeant, C. E. M. P., Reseda, CA. 1984-86, 1993-98 Provide traffic/crowd control, person and evidence search, first aid, rope rescue, recovery operations, helicopter ops, logistics for large scale ops and operated mobile stations. Support ground and air units. Recognized for; 1) Command Post ops at LAPD and rescues performed ‘94 earthquake. 2) Duties performed during the ‘97 North Hollywood Bank Robbery (B of A).
FIRE SAFETY RESCUE 14 Years - Federal, State, Military and Private Sector
- Specialized in (aircraft, structural, and wildland firefighting) and HAZMAT response (Level A).
- Respond to fire/medical emergencies; inspection and maintenance of fire equipment; helicopter-base operation for multi-agency logistics support, extinguisher systems; authorization of hot work permit; confined space entry; extrication; rope and water rescue; type 1-5 engine operation; supervise 5-100 personnel.
US MARINE CORPS 1986-1994 Honorable Discharge
- Search Air Rescue: Search and recover downed aircrews in harsh environments and apply emergency medicine when needed, airdrop equipment, provide self-protection for rescue assets, flying in hostile environments. Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation. CSW I cert.
- Crash Fire Rescue: Provide emergency medical services as required, and perform light to heavy rescue functions at emergencies. Familiarize with all military and civilian aircraft. Perform structural firefighter duties for military facilities. Airfield operations, emergency dispatch, facilities inspection, fire apparatus and alarm system operation.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Coastline Community College, Associate of Science degree in Emergency Management
- Golden West College, Certificate of Achievement in Recycling and Resource Management
- Crafton Hills College, Basic Firefighter Academy- Graduate
- Naval Air Technical Training Center- Aircraft Firefighting and Rescue- Graduate
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Emergency Management Certificate
- CA Guard Card BSIS #1890809, Exposed Firearms Permit (4 calibers), Baton #1531902, and OC/Mace
- CA Penal Code 832 (a) License, Arrest Search Seizure and Firearms, 64 hours POST
- California Firefighter I, CA State Fire Marshal
- USDHS, FEMA, Incident Command System Certificates; 100, 200, 393a, and 700a
- Emergency Medical Technician 1-A - 06/86 to 06/00
- Advanced first aid #967109, AED and CPR #541499, National Safety Council 16 hours
- Supervisory Training Operations - US Office of Personnel Management, 40 hours
- Boating Navigation/Safety, Boating Navigation-National Park Service
- Advanced Low Angle Mt Victim Recovery and Man Tracking – Arizona Sheriffs Association, 16 hours
- Hazardous Waste /Emergency Response (OSHA), (HAZWOPER) 40 hours
- Hazardous Waste Operations/Emergency Response, Governor’s Office of Emergency Services 16 hours
- Helicopter Support Operations, 8 hours
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE MEDAL, Los Angeles Police Commission, North Hollywood Bank Robbery 1997
- LETTER OF RECOGNITION, City of Los Angeles, Northridge Earthquake 1994
- CERTIFICATE OF MERIT, US Department of Agriculture, Outstanding Leadership 1992
- HONORS LIST: 2009-2012 Academic Excellence 4.0 GPA
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- National Contract Management Association, Orange County Chapter OC (NCMA), Board Member 2012-2013
- National Emergency Management Association (NEMA)
- California Emergency Services Association (CESA-SC)
- American Legion Newport Harbor Post 291