Medical Billing Collector
22 Creek Road # 130
Irvine, CA 92604
Cell Phone: 949-521-9016
Job Objective: PATIENT ACCOUNT REP.
Goal: To increase revenue and efficiency through uncompromising Customer
Service and diverse office management skills
. Recognized on several occasions as Employee of the month for consistent
. 1994-1995 Recognized as Employee of the Month, Employee of the Year
and Employee of he District by Shell Oil Company for Excellent
. Follow-up on Patient Account and worked on Posted & Trailing accounts
Resolved problem and submitted clean claim and kept updated all
Assigned centers in result that turning into large revenue every months for
* Medical Insurance Billing (Certificate) NOCCC Continue Education, Anaheim, CA
* Medical Assistant Front Office (Certificate)NOCCC Continue Education, Anaheim,CA
* Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel & Power Point) Window 98 & Internet – Anaheim
Adults Education, Anaheim, CA
* High School –Government Adults Senior Secondary School, New Delhi (India)1988/89
* More than 20 years experience with professional office environment specializing
in Customer Service/satisfaction and office support & data entry.
* Extremely familiar with maintaining as office, managing filing systems,Reception
Responsibilities, medical terms, insurance and patient billing, Registration and
* Increasing the proficiency of staff by continually demonstrating positive image,
Professional conduct, determination and enthusiasm.
* Quick and meticulous follow through on projects and assignments, accurately
Coordinating all administrative paperwork.
* Highly developed abilities to select, cultivate, manage and lead a staff.
* Communication Abilities & Problem Solving Skills.
* Accessing and evaluating the needs and wants of every client and co-worker,
Then personalizing service accordingly.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills as an individual, cooperation and commitment as
a member of the team.
* Speaking to people in a way that they respond in a positive nature.
* Interacting with employers and co-workers, researching problem areas, providing
practices workable solutions.
12/2009 – 12/2012: MEDICARE BILLER/COLLECTOR
Memorial Care 17360 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Job Responsibility: Hospital Billing & Health Tech Lab (Out Patient) :- Bill Medicare Part A, Part B and MSP for payment. Manually enter claim in DDE system. Follow-up accounts work on high dollars aged and currents accounts resolve issue with payers. Make collection calls, work on denials, claims correction, claims adjustment, appeals and write off. ADR – Submit denial claims with Medical record with ADR cover sheet to auditor to audit /review and re-submit claims for payment to Medicare. Run Eligibility and update accounts to bill correct payer and check status of the claims. Submit Appeal and MSP Paper claims for payment. Work with overlapping provider (Hospital, SNF, ESRD Facilities etc. for billing & payment). Mail out secondary to Medicare claims and print Medical record for department on their request etc. System used Keane, Onbase, DDE and also received training on EPIC system.
05/2006 – 04/2009 PATIENT ACCOUNT REP.
DaVita Inc., 15253 Bake Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618
Job Responsibility:- Bill Government Insurance Medicare, Medi-cal, VA, Commercial Insurance BC, BS, UHC, Cigna, Aetna, PacifiCare, IPA/HMO Group, Managed Care etc.. And submit paper claims to secondary insurance and follow up all account. Work on High Dollar accounts and resolve issue with payer and bring revenue in. Work on Denials and Aged accounts to bring AR days down to meet quarterly goals. Make collection calls on No pay, Short pay claims, enter comments on account and follow up. Work on Special Project, write-off, claims adjustment, payment transfer to secondary insurance or verify co-pay or deductible and transfer to patient account, research on short pay and submit appeals for additional payment. Knowledge of Medicare (DDE System Add, Delete, Enter, Fix or adjustment claims and check payment) Medi-cal CIF and Appeal. Work with clinic every end of the month guide them, assist them, help them every way I can to close the month to meet monthly goal.
08/2003 - -05/2006 PATIENT ACCOUNT REP.
InSight Health Corp., 26250 Enterprise Court, Lake Forest,CA
Job Responsibility:- Audit patient packet and make sure all Demographic and Insurance information are correct in the system. Bill Government Insurance Medicare, Medi-cal, Cal-Optima, VA, Commercial Insurance BC, BS, UHC, Cigna, Aetna, PacifiCare, IPA/HMO Group, Managed Care, Lien, Ledger A/c and Work/Com. Call patient and get any missing information that we need. Work on denial and resubmit claim to payer for payment. Work with clinic guide them, assist them help them so we can close the month on timely manner to meet every month goals.
- Working productively in pressure situations.
- Hardworking, dedication to creatively overcoming obstacles.
- Fluent in Hindi/English, Punjabi and some Spanish.
- Computer literate.
- Welcoming change and finding stimulation with new challenges.
- Quick learner.
Reference available on request.