Remote Medical Coder
13781 Andele Way
Jose Alano B.S., CPC
13781 Andele Way
Irvine, CA 92620
Tel. (949 697-0437)
Candidate is CPC(AAPC) certified, with 5 years experience in Medical Coding, with a strong background in Out-Patient medical coding and HCC compliance for hospitals. Experienced and proficient in coding medical data in accordance with the International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD9-CM), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4 Professional Edition), HCPC’s, Common Procedural Coding System (CMS). Software Proficient – 3M Coding, ENCODER-PRO, and Medi-Soft.
University of Santo Tomas, Manila Philippines
Bachelor of Science in Architecture 1970
ROP , Anaheim, Orange County, (Medical Terminology and Medical Coding) March 2006.
2011 Cardiovascular/Endovascular Coding Seminar Irvine, CA
2009 Cardiovascular/Endovascular Coding Seminar Irvine, CA
2009 CCS & CPC Review & Inpatient Coding Training Orange County, CA
2008 Worker’s Compensation Billing Seminar Orange County, CA
Certification & License:
Licensed Architect (Philippines) 1970
Certified Professional Coder (AAPC) May 2009
RAYAN PA Medical Group - March 2007- August 2008 (Medical Coder/Biller)
- Oversee a busy billing and collection department by monitoring daily activities and tasks
- Responsible for preparing and handling the billing to ensure timely reimbursement
- Made sure all electronic claims are transmitted daily and ensured that all paper claims and secondary claims are submitted within 24 hours of print date
- Identified insurance requirements to ensure all payer requirements are met
- Reviewed bills for correct products, codes, format, and demographic information
- Pulled patient files if necessary to verify information
- Ensured that all required backup documentation is submitted with claim
- Assisted and provided direction to collectors on problem accounts
- Coding Office Visit – diagnoses and procedures
MED-Q Medical Services – October 2008 to May 2012 (Medical Coder)
- Responsible for coding HCC/Risk Adjustment for Medicare members. Applies all appropriate coding guidelines for code selections.
- Review and analyze patient medical records to ensure those records have been appropriately coded to the highest specificity improvement measures and meet CMS-HCC Risk Adjustment standards.
- Document results of coding audits and develop documentation and training methods for continued quality improvement. Ability to present the solutions/patient outcomes to Risk Adjustment Manager, physicians, and other internal/external department.
- HCC diagnosis abstraction for Medical Groups.
- Adheres to client’s coding compliance policies and procedures for the assignment of complete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes.
MedSave USA – June 2012 – January 2013 ( Remote Medical Coder )
- Performs reviews and codes medical records for the purpose of reimbursement, training, education and compliance using experience and accurate knowledge of ICD-9 and Medicare HCC coding.
- Responsible for abstracting diagnosis codes from provider documentation, entering essential information into database, provider education as needed, maintaining the integrity of required reports, reviewing medical charts and chart reviews.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes base on the services rendered.
Asuncion Soriano MD (956) 763-7449
Ester Quito (909) 615-5083
Mario Fermin (949) 533-0669